Community Living York South is a not-for-profit organization that provides support services to children, youth, adults and seniors who have an intellectual disability and live in Southern York Region, which includes the communities of: Kleinburg, Gormley, Maple, Markham, Nobleton, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Vaughan, Whitchurch-Stouffville. Community Living Central York serves Newmarket, Aurora, East Gwillimbury, King and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
Community Living’ means:
- living in a place where everyone belongs
- being free from limitations in accessing places, supports or services
- being welcomed and respected by friends, family and neighbours
- having the chance to participate in things that are meaningful to us
- participating in the community to the extent that we choose
Across the province, Community Living is a collective of 117 membership agencies of Community Living Ontario.